Blog/How I lost 25 pounds in 40 days with Nutre
Other Health related topics
How I lost 25 pounds in 40 days with Nutre
The notorious question .... "how did you lose weight?". Lets be honest, most people know how to lose weight, they just struggle actually DOING it. That was me for about 3 years. I was a football player my whole life, graduated and became a normal person in the business world. As most, I got overwhelmed with work and let myself go. Does that sound familiar? In a book I most recently read, How Not To Diet, it stated that 90% of people have an epiphany to lose weight in their lifetime. Essentially an eye opening moment. Mine was a picture. I saw a picture of myself with my girlfriend on a dock, and I wanted to throw my phone in the water. I could not believe what I looked like. I feel like it happened overnight. All of a sudden I just blew up. In reality, it was years of not putting myself as a priority and putting everything before my health. Now that story is out of the way, I will get into the actionable steps I took to lose the 25 pounds. Mind you, I am still not close to where I want to be...
- Low Calories, low carbs! What worked for me was low calories, lean protein and low carbs. I obviously used Nutre as my nutrition base. The macros is obviously a huge help to see how many calories / carbs you are consuming on a per meal basis. Low carbs meaning under 30 carbs per meal, and keeping my daily intake of calories at 2,000 or lower.
- Daily Cardio! I would either walk, bike, or go for jugs on a daily basis. I would make sure I would really get a sweat in. Assuming I would burn 3-500 calories per cardio session.
- Limited late night eating! I have a huge snacking sweet tooth. I REMOVED those from my house at night!
- WATER! I tried to have a gallon a day. I definitely fell short on a lot of days, but I was conscious of drinking water constantly. I would put a little crystal light in the water to give some taste to it.
- Avoid Juices! Avoid anything besides water and black coffee. Sodas, Gatorade, any juices is a no go for me.
- No dairy! I chose to limit my dairy intake as much as possible. Replacing milk with almond milk or oat milk, and limiting cheese to barely any at all... This was tough because cheese is the greatest thing ever.
- Accountability buddy! My buddy Brandon was also in the middle of his weight loss journey. Watching him on days that I was not motivated and he was getting after it made me get off my a** and get after it. Having that person to motivate you is incredibly important (at least for me it was).
That pretty much sums it up! Where I am at now I still have a lot of fat on my body. I will start switching my cardio training into weight training to start toning up again. Wish me luck! If anyone wants to start losing weight, just START. Stop giving yourselves excuses. We have one body in our life, we have the power to look and feel how we want too. Just have to be discipline!
Check out my oldest brother Angelo's weight loss journey: